all about living and being happy

all about living and being happy

Sunday, August 18, 2013

DIY how to update your old boots

I bought these boots used and could not pass them up, I took them home and then I tried them on.  the top of the boot were to small...so I have been looking on the net for a way to change them...I could not find any good ideas...my first thought was to cut them down to ankle boots, but the leather is so nice...one day it hit me, I always wanted some lace up boots like when i was a kid...so I made them into lace up boots..
this is how I did it
 supplies:
boots
eyelets
eyelet tool
grease pen to mark with or anything type that will mark on leather
72 in. laces to match boots

first mark straight up and down were you want boot to open, then cut

 then mark for eyelets, I made mine 1 in. apart down the boot on both sides
then punched the hole for eyelets and installed the eyelets...added the laces and done

No comments:

Post a Comment